Friday, June 25, 2010

Punch Doctor

I was teaching an online punch class yesterday and showing how you could combine punch parts and move them around to get different characters.  The last face I did was this one and someone mentioned it looked like Mr. Spacely from the Jetsons.  Hmmmmmm.....

But first he wound up as Doctor Spacely... 


Nothing new here - just the usual bits and pieces I always use - but with my color choice you get the "scrubs" look so all I had to do was add a stethoscope.  Punch art is just that easy - take a character and make a few changes to create another one. 

The stethoscope is a small oval cut in half.  Then I punch a little hole in the center to get my scissor in and trimmed out the middle.  Used part of an oval ring (large oval around small oval hole) and added a standard hole punch for the part that is cold on your chest (not its technical name)

Put a scalpel in his hand and he is Surgeon Spacely.

You could put him in a suit and tie - a space suit - swim suit - clown clothes - make a few changes and get many different men.  Use your imagination!

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

I just found your blog a day or so ago... and love it! Your punch art is such fun!!! I'll be checking in often to see your creations!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

he does look like Spacely, I'm not sure I would want him as a doctor, lol.

hugs,