Thursday, June 10, 2010

Occasionally I stamp...

It is true!  Occasionally I stamp.  Images even.  Cards - with no punch characters.  Really.  Here is proof...


This one caused my sideline, Eileen (the glitter guru) to quip that the sentiment should read
"Wish you were.... on the other side of the world"
Bad day Eileen?
She is a hoot!


All these cards were made at my upline's house Wednesday night during our meeting. We drew sketches out of a hat and had to make cards with the stamp sets and paper we brought - I only brought vanilla and black stuff. Wasn't expecting to make more than one card but had plenty of time.

This was the first one I did - a warm up card - not crazy about it but it is fine and I'll use it... someday.





Silly upline had two of this set - guess who got the second one?  SCORE!


New Hostess set available in July - isn't it great?

Do  you like that element to the right of the sentiment?

I stamped the main image again - punched it with the 1.75 circle -
put that on the sentiment block and then trimmed it down to fit

It filled the empty space and matched the rest of the card.

I thought it was clever and was quite proud of myself.

Some days are like that.

12 comments:

Carol Ric said...

Very nice card. I really like the last one with the hydrangia. TFS!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Great cards!! My pre-order FINALLY arrives today and I can't wait!!!!!

Ellen Kemper said...

Oh YES! The joy of new toys!!!!
Have fun Jeannie

Ruby said...

Yes, I too love the last card... what a great idea, tks for sharing.

Gail said...

Love 'em ALL - even the 1st one that you're not crazy about :) But that idea to put the partial circle of the focal element on the sentiment tag absolutely takes the CAKE! Love CASEing all of your ideas :) Thanks for keepin' up coming! ((HUGS)) Gail

leslie said...

"Wish you were ... on the other side of the world." HAHAHAHA! I would totally make that card!

Love that first one, by the way. ;)

Anonymous said...

you are just a hoot!! love your blog! thanks for making my day, every day!
carla

Family American Style. said...

You have a wonderful talent and what you do is beautiful. You can share your site with others by going to Family American Style and go to Show off your creations. I'm also stopping by to let you know that I am doing a giveaway. Stop by and see.

Andrea said...

hi Ellen,
I have nominated you for the Bonny Blogger award as I love the punch art that you do. the conditions of the award are.
1: Put the Swap Sisters Bonny Blog Award on your blog and/or within your post.
2: Share 5 things about yourself.
3: Pass the award onto 5 other Bonny Blogs.
4: Put links in your post of your 5 chosen Bonny Blog Winners.
5: Let them know they have been chosen to win the Swap Sisters Bonny Blog Award by leaving a comment on their blog.
6: PAY IT FORWARD and link the person from whom you received the Swap Sisters Bonny Blog Award.
of course if you dont want to do this or dont have time that is ok too.
take care
Andrea

Mary said...

Yes, i think you are clever too - very clever! Loved the card with the hydrangea. I love your punched work too and have tried to re-create some of them (need more punches, though!) Keep up the good work.
Mary

Carolyn Gibbs said...

LOL - love the title for this post. I feel like that too sometimes!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

I love this set and these cards, you stamp well, my friend.

hugs,