Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Big Rig - Guest Puncher - Sue Bishop

Sue Bishop sent me this punch art and this message
"I want to share with you a card that I made for my husband - who is a truck driver/heavy equipment operator. We have been together 6 years now, and it has been the best years of my life. I wanted to give him something special for our anniversary, so I tried my hand at punching out a big rig! I think it turned out really well - and I was so glad to have the trio of small punches - the small circle was just the right size for the lights on the roof. I did make it with magnets on the back of it, so it can go on our fridge - but he wants the whole card displayed! I was lucky enough that he has mega pictures of trucks he has driven, and the red Kenworth was his favourite so that is what this is supposed to be."

Well Sue, I think it turned out really well too!  And thanks for letting me share - in case there are some other punchers who love "truck drivin' men"

Sue also sent this information to help you if you need to make this project:
Everything on it is Stampin' Up!, except for the words - they are computer generated. The tires are the round tab punch, but the edges have been left off - I punched a piece of paper that was fitting just inside the two notches that show you where to fold the tab. The silver pieces are the Brushed Silver card stock, and the big red pieces were cut, and then corners rounded. The windows used the small tag punch.

2 comments:

Stef H said...

oh is this ever fun! super cute!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Cute, Cute, Cute. You do inspire.

hugs,